Erewhon: Natural Foods Market

While I'd prefer to eat some chicken fingers and French fries, my father would prefer some steamed kale with a side of quinoa. He has been trying for years to get me eat healthier which has been blocked by my stubbornness. In any event, I accompanied him to Erewhon which is the mecca of all healthy foods, green products, vitamins, and much, much more. They have a "bar" where you can order immunity shots and weird juice concoctions. As much as I didn't want to admit it, the store is pretty sweet. My boyfriend decided to get a pressed juice and while to me, the cloudy green liquid looked frightening, he swore he felt amazing after consumption. Also, there was a lady giving out sample mineral shots. She claimed that this helped open your cells so they could absorb all the vitamins you take. My courageous boyfriend took the shot and later at the movie theater we joked, uh oh--hope this Icee and popcorn with artificial butter we are eating isn't absorbing throughout his whole body! 

Because this is LA, everyone in this store gives off the vibe that they are so coooool and natural...but you know what, I bet they are going to Taco Bell after they leave. Crunchy taco or a mysterious green liquid? There is an obvious winner, but hey... I'm biased...

[Anyone care for some coconut juice?]
[Serve yourself!]
[I think I'll have some chicken breast for dinner...]
[Endless nuts and seeds]
[I'll have one of those and one of these!]
[Daring BF tries the green mystery liquid]
[Large selection of juices]
[Pick your poison from the bar]
[Fresh coconuts]
[Spot the sign from the street & stop by]

7660 Beverly Blvd.   Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 937-0777
www.erewhonmarket.com

10 comments:

  1. I haven't had dinner yet, I'm so hungry now :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That store looks awesome!!! I have driven by it a bunch of times when I'm on my way to the Grove, but have never stopped in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love healthy food that looks super gross before you eat it. I'm glad it tasted good though! Haha I literally laughed out loud on what your boyfriend said at the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I try to eat relatively healthy, but I also love junk food and will never give it up!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog :) so lovely pics..
    you have new follower, hope you visit me back and follow..kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i'll make sure to check out your blog asap!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Healthy foods scare me, but the things I've tried have been pretty good! Give me Taco Bell any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely market. I could spend hours in a store like that.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete