Date Night: Steakhouse at Home

Here is a fact- Friday night is always date night with the boyfriend. While some would opt for a late night out of drinking at a club or bar, we tend to choose a night of delicious food at one of our favorite restaurants. I was sitting around watching Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten is fab) and the she was making "steakhouse" steaks for dinner. She grilled up two filet mignons and made a velvety roquefort cheese sauce...need I say more? I immediately Googled the recipe and called my boyfriend to tell him to nix our reservation--we were staying in! We chose to do NY strips instead of filet mignon and substituted gorgonzola for the roquefort cheese. The meal turned out incredible...we will definitely be making this one again! Click here for a fabulous recipe...








3 comments:

  1. Date nights are so important! Those steaks look sooo good! Glad you two enjoyed yourself :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! It was such a good dinner :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I love steak and this looks so good! I think I'm going to have to try this recipe soon...

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete