Old-Fashioned Bakeries Are Better Than Cupcakes

I was feeling a little down today, and I decided I needed a mid-day treat to liven my spirit! I happen to be working from home at my parent's house in Palos Verdes and I thought where better to go... than Mayer's Bakery! I have been going there since I was a little girl and I always can count on their delicious baked goods. If you think about it... true, old-fashioned bakeries are becoming extinct. Nowadays, when you want a baked good, you have to settle for an over-priced, trendy cupcake! Don't get me wrong, I do love me some Sprinkles, but sometimes, I just want to go to a bakery and see row after row of baked goods, damnit! Oh, and did I mention I have been getting the same pink donut since I was three years old. The icing is strawberry flavored and it's so simple, yet so delicious. I have yet to find a better donut...



No comments:

Post a Comment